First, I have a quote that is going to be very helpful to me in the next few weeks:
"The only difference between a wish and a goal is a plan!" Check. I have a goal and I am refining my plan to make this weight loss wish a reality!
Second, one time in our Weight Watchers meeting our wonderful leader Suzy passed out calendars and told us to write down our upcoming events that would present eating challenges so that we would make sure to save our flex points and prepare. What a great exercise! I decided that I needed to do this for the events I am aware of that are between now and my 20th weigh in on December 23rd. So here are 13 obstacles that I have identified.
- Restaurant Week (We have reservations at Texas de Brazil for my mom's birthday!)
- Ranger Game on Dollar Hot Dog night (~ahem~ I will have to practice portion control rather than thinking about the great deal I am getting!)
- Best of Texas Festival at Six Flags
- Hoo Rah Days (my mouth starts to water while thinking about the yummy Mexican Street Tacos and Kirstyn always wins at the Cake Walk!)
- Taste of Arlington (walking - grazing - walking - grazing)
- Halloween (the real problem is that this holiday seems to last a week! Kirstyn and James will have a playgroup party, attend a church festival, and we will all go to Grandpa and Mimi's country club for a big costume party...yes, we are already planning our costumes!)
- Kirstyn's 5th Birthday (the "BLT's": Bites, Licks, Tastes while preparing for the party are what will get me in trouble!)
- Black Friday Shopping (thus, eating on the fly!)
- Holiday in the Park at Six Flags
- Sunday School Christmas Party
- Family Christmas Celebration in Arkansas (this always includes Birthday cake in addition to all of the Christmas candy and desserts because we have so many December Birthdays - my nephew Logan 12/12, David 12/20, me 12/25, my Aunt Marilyn 12/27, my cousin Meredith 12/29, and then my cousin's wife Aneta on 01/01)
- David's 30th Birthday (we usually celebrate our Birthdays together and this year is the big Three Zero for both of us!)
What obstacles do you have between you and your weight loss goal?
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted! View More Thursday Thirteen Participants