So, since this is a pretty major milestone in the "life of my blog", I thought I would share with you the personal journey that I have been on during that same time. I have really been thinking about the person that I was when I had Kirstyn (about the same time I started writing on the blog) and the person that I am now. One of the reasons I have been thinking about that is because a few weeks ago at my MOPS meeting the Steering Team did a thing called Cardboard Testimonies and it was pretty powerful and moving. Anyway, for the cardboard testimony we all needed to think of a word or a few words that described us before and then that describe us now and how God worked in our lives. For example, some could say "Fear and Worry" then flipped to say "Experiencing God's Peace", another one was, "Unable to Trust" then flipped "Happy Marriage", yet another one said "Lost" and then "Found". You get the idea...
and then the other side said
So, what has changed?
- I now exercise regularly for the first time in my life!
- I used to just watch Kirstyn and now I PLAY!
- I menu plan a month at a time where I used to plan dinner at 5:00 and that often meant fast food!
- I have learned to prepare healthy meals for my family on a budget! I used to have all kinds of excuses for not trying new foods and new recipes but the real truth was that I was being too lazy to learn new recipes and spend the time to make them.
- I am learning to grow some of our own food.
- We are now composting, recycling, washing clothes in cold water, and doing other things to take care of our environment.
- I am really working to continue learning all I can about "being healthy".
- I realize that I still have a long way to go and that there is always room for improvement in the Lazy/Disciplined department.
Thanks for all of the support and encouragement. You my friends have done a lot to encourage me and help me realize that I CAN do anything I set my mind to doing...
Now, if my garden will just grow....
Thanks for reading and commenting!
Oh and if it isn't too much trouble, share with me an area of your life that you have been working to improve over the last 4 years or so...(If you are a blog stalker**said with much love**....it would make my day today if you would de-lurk and leave me a comment!)